Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Homecooked Sea Algae - Seaweed Dessert

My Home-cookedSeaweed Dessert

Ingredients:

Sea Algae - soaked in cold water 2-4 hours
Rock / Cane Sugar
Dried Longan
Dried Sweetened Melon 
Red Dates 

It's easy to make. Follow the steps below, as easy as ABC 1-2-3:

1. Bring the Cane / Rock Sugar, Dried Longan, Dried Sweetened  Melon, Red Dates to boil.
2. Left the whole pot of soup and ingredients above to cold, make sure cold completely.
3. Washed, drained and cut the seaweed into small pieces, pour into the cold boiled soup and it's ready!

Seaweed is high in iodine, and the local people in KK called it bird's nest from the sea, perhaps the nutrients in the seaweed is similar to the nutrients from bird's nest (i think so). I've got some recipes from the aunty who sold me the seaweed in the market. I decided to try up and modified a bit on the recipe to suits our own taste. It's my first attempt to cook this dessert, hope it works on well. From the pictures you have seen here, i believe you'll know the taste! Hubby loves it! Me also like it, but Carmen only favor the longan and soup only!

No comments: